Who is Jesus?

Who is Jesus?

Prior Knowledge

Prior to this class, I have taken religion for ten years at Saint Roberts.  Each year, I studied more about Catholicism but especially Jesus.  I have learned that Jesus is the Son of God, he is included in the Holy Trinity, and he died in order to save all of our sins.  Jesus has many other names including Christ, Lord, and Messiah.  He preached to others about love and joy.  Jesus helped to establish the early stages of Catholicism.  I chose this picture because it is what I learned about most in my previous religion classes.  Each year, I reviewed the Stations of the Cross and their significances.  


 ● ● ● ● ● ●


New Insights

It has only been a few weeks of Living the Gospel and I have already learned so much.  One thing that was confirmed is that Jesus is in the Holy Trinity.  God is within Jesus, his Son, but Jesus is not within God.  The Holy Trinity is similar to water.  Water can be a solid, a liquid, and a gas just like God can be the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, but it cannot be the other way around.  A new insight I gained was that some people believed Jesus's teachings of love were actually a curse.  I knew that people did not agree with his teachings, but I did not know they thought Jesus was some sort of witch.  I chose this picture because it has a diversity of people.  Some are intrigued by Jesus's teachings while others do not believe in what he is saying.  


 ● ● ● ● ● ●



My View of Jesus

I view Jesus as more of a religious figure rather than a historical figure.  To me, Jesus is a prophet and the Son of God.  It is hard for me to image that he could possibly be a part of history.  When I read his stories, I read them more as fiction that factual.  Jesus is a part of Catholicism.  When I think about religious beliefs, I think of them being based off of myths rather than actual events.  I chose this picture because it reminds me of Jesus being a holy figure.  In the picture, it looks like Jesus is preaching, so it looks more holy to me than historical.  


 ● ● ● ● ● ●

My Relationship with Jesus

My relationship with Jesus started out as a seed when I was baptized.  I had first let Jesus into my life as Original Sin was being washed away.  Then when I received my First Communion, I consumed the Body of Christ.  From then on, I felt that Jesus was always inside of me.  My relationship had started to blossom.  Currently, I am in the process of being confirmed.  I feel like Jesus is with me every step of the way.  Once I am confirmed, my relationship with Jesus will blossom into a flower.  Every day, I feel like Jesus is guiding me to make the right decisions.  I chose this picture of a sunflower because it is similar to my relationship with Jesus.  It is bright and happy just like the relationship.  



                                                                                                                                                 

Works Cited
DOR : DESCENT OF JESUS. - The Descent of Jesus from the Cross by Joseph of Arimathaea (Mark 15: 43, 46). Wood engraving after Gustave Dor?.. Fine Art. Britannica ImageQuest, Encyclopædia Britannica, 25 May 2016.
quest.eb.com/search/140_1659338/1/140_1659338/cite. Accessed 9 Sep 2017.

Jesus . Fine Art. Britannica ImageQuest, Encyclopædia Britannica, 25 May 2016.
quest.eb.com/search/108_259768/1/108_259768/cite. Accessed 9 Sep 2017.

Jesus preaching the sermon on the mount. From The Holy Bible published by William Collins. Photograph. Britannica ImageQuest, Encyclopædia Britannica, 25 May 2016. quest.eb.com/search/312_1012826/1/312_1012826/cite. Accessed 9 Sep 2017.

Sunflower. Photography. Britannica ImageQuest, Encyclopædia Britannica, 25 May 2016.
quest.eb.com/search/139_1926339/1/139_1926339/cite. Accessed 9 Sep 2017.

Zanzig, Thomas. Jesus of History, Christ of Faith. Saint Mary’s Press, 1999.

Comments

Popular Posts